Friday, February 27, 2009

30 Right Foot Strides

I did make it to yoga last night, although the teacher that I was hoping for (Cari) was sick and another teacher (Rachel) was teaching instead. The class was still good, just not what I had been expecting. Thinking about it last night, it seems like Mondays might be good days to reserve for yoga after work since they're supposed to be the day off from cardio. I'll still do the strength workouts, but it'd be nice to work some yoga in too.

Today's workout was running and optional strength. Since Drew was meeting Billy at the gym at 6, I got up and went with him at the same time. I did the optional strength workout, which was the same workout as Monday (leg press, calf raises, chest press, seated row, lat pull down and crunches). I also did hamstring exercises as well. I forgot until just this very moment (when I was looking at the book) that I was also supposed to ride the stationary bike for 5 minutes before to warm up and 5 minutes after to cool down. Oh well.
After the lifting, I went and did the run for today. It was supposed to be a 20 minute "strides" workout, but I did 30 minutes, so hopefully that makes up for the missed biking. The first 10 minutes I alternated running and walking for a minute each. Then for the next 10 minutes, I alternated walking and sprinting. The sprints were supposed to be for 20 seconds each and the book says that you were supposed to get at least 29 right foot falls in those 20 seconds. Each time I counted I was getting 30, so just right at the cut-off, but I'm thinking I can only get better and at least I wasn't under the proper number. I did the sprints at 9.5 and 0% incline since it said that you should be flat or slightly downhill. I'm thinking that this workout would be a good one for the reservoir when the weather is a bit warmer. I finished this off with a 5 minute jog and a 5 minute walk. The total distance was 2.6 miles.
After that, I went and did my crunches that were part of the strength workout and did some stretching. And now it's off to the shower!

No comments:

Post a Comment