Monday, February 23, 2009

Day #1

OK, so here I go! This morning got off to a rough start when Drew didn't want to wake up to go to the gym and we both slept in. I was a little worried that I wouldn't have the personal motivation to go to the gym today since it's Day Off/Optional Strength Training. I know I need to exercise the option, so ... I went to the gym after work!

Workout wasn't too bad - 5 minutes of riding the stationary bike (went 1 mile) and then a series of lifts and crunches followed by another 5 minutes on the bike (another mile).

Mostly I'm just proud of myself for getting to the gym. That is the hard part. Especially when the wind would like to blow you over on the way there! Hopefully when the weather gets warmer I'll already have my bike so I can practice that outside instead of inside. The stationary bikes at the gym leave something to be desired (only a couple have foot straps) and there are classes a lot of mornings and evenings in the spinning room. I'm going to have to work out those logistics. But that's something to worry about tomorrow ...

No comments:

Post a Comment