Saturday, February 21, 2009

Saturday Workout

Well, I made it into the gym today, so I'm quite happy with that. I went with Drew, so we did 15 minutes of cardio on the treadmill. I walked for about a minute and then ran for 1.10 miles (at 6.0/1% incline) without looking at the clock or distance. I was counting songs, so I had a rough estimate from the number of songs that I had done about a mile, and was just about right on. In fairness, I did spend a great deal of time watching a woman in one of the exercise studios who couldn't do a push-up (even on her knees) at all. I'll be the first one to admit that I'm not great at push-ups, but I don't think I could even replicate her poor form if I tried! I walked for a couple minutes to finish that off.

Then we moved to the "boy area". I'm not a fan of the "boy area" but realize that it's good for me and an important part of this training. We did some bench presses (regular and decline) and then some stuff with dumbells, including skull crushers. Luckily, I did not actually crush my skull or my glasses, although I was nervous a couple times.

We did also go in the cycling studio for just a couple minutes so that I could try out the spin bikes. I think my biggest complaint so far is that I wish that they were hooked up to a machine so you know how far you have gone and what your average speed is. But, hopefully, I'll get myself a bicycle and the weather will change and I'll be able to ride more outside than inside.

Then we went to the stair mills. I did speed intervals on level 8 for 15 minutes and then I had had about enough of the gymnasium for one day! All in all (on the treadmill [1.33] and the stairmaster [1.36] I did 2.69 miles). Now I just need to read up on my book and the training plan so that I can get myself organized for Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment