Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Cardio and More Cardio

Today's workout was supposed to be a 20 minute interval run. So, I started on the treadmill with a 5 minute walk and then did 14 minutes of intervals of 30 seconds running and 30 seconds walking. I did the running at either 6.5 or 7 and the walking at 4.0. If I ever have the opportunity to design a treadmill or the occasion to buy a treadmill, I am going to demand that I am able to type in the speed that I'd like to go. I'm a little sick of pressing up and down and then having it go over or past the speed that I'm actually wanting to go! After the intervals, I decided not to stop and do the cool down walk like the book said, but to do a 5 minute run (at 7.0). I then finished up with a 6 minute walk. My total distance on the treadmill was 2.55 miles.

Since I had gone to the gym with Drew and he was doing an hour of cardio, I figured that I might as well stick around the gym and do the same. I did 30 minutes on the elliptical machine in intervals and did a total of 2.4 miles.

After finishing up with some stretching it was time to call it a night. I'm getting to the point where I think that I can do more than the workouts in the book call for and I'm not sure how best to spend my time. If I should pace myself and not do too much too soon or if I should push myself a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment