Friday, March 27, 2009

The Cardio Bike (Again)

I decided to sleep in again this morning, so that meant going to the gym after work. Today I was supposed to do a 40 minute bike ride. Because my gym has a horrible spinning class schedule, which I cannot ever make time-wise or get into because 700 people are ahead of me on the waiting list, I ended up doing the cardio bike.

I did level 8 on the cardio bike the entire time since the workout was supposed to be zones 1 & 2 and I was supposed to keep focused on keeping the same cadence the entire time. I just felt really tired the entire time I was pedaling. I think I'm just having a bit of an off week this week, but I'm hoping to get back into it next week so that I don't feel too bad taking it a bit easy on vacation the week after. In total, I did 10.19 miles in 40 minutes, so not a very fast ride, but I did concentrate on keeping the RPMs around 90. I would love to be able to try this out on my actual bicycle (which I'm planning on picking up tomorrow!), however it's supposed to rain all weekend. I'm hoping maybe one morning next week I'll be able to get out for a ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment