Friday, March 6, 2009

Does the Stop Button Have to be so Prominent?

Even though I woke up around 7 this morning and contemplated going to the gym, I'm much happier that I ended up going after work. I started off doing the (optional) strength workout that I have done previously. I think that next week the workouts change a bit, so that's something to look forward to. After I was done with that, I was supposed to do the same strides workout on the treadmill that I did last Friday. I did 7 minutes of warm-up alternating one minute of walking at 4.0 with one minute of jogging at 6.0. Then I would do a 30 second sprint followed by a minute of walking. I did the sprints at 9.0 (so, not as fast as last week) but I was able to do more sprints for at least 10 seconds longer each time. Unfortunately, I pressed stop accidentally at some point when transitioning from sprint to walk so, I have no idea the total distance traveled. Luckily, I had looked at the actual clock prior to starting, so I have a rough idea that I was on the treadmill for about 35 minutes and I did a 5 minute walk cool-down at the end. After that I headed over to the mat to do some stretching and crunches.

Tomorrow morning we're going to D.C. so I don't think I'll get an actual workout in tomorrow, although I'm planning on lots of walking around. Sunday we're hoping to go for a run in the morning ... at least the weather will be nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment