Saturday, March 14, 2009

I Got Hurt Stretching?

This morning I had wanted to go to Brooklyn and go on this beginner run, but with the weather being so cold, I didn't feel like I had the right equipment for cold weather running so I decided to pass. Instead, I went to the gym with Drew. I did 5 minutes to warm up on the treadmill. He had told me that he had recently tried putting the incline at the highest level and then walked. Of course, I had to give it a try. So, on incline 15, I walked at 4.0 for 0.31 miles, which wasn't easy! Luckily it was only for 5 minutes.

Then I went upstairs and did some lifting - leg press, calf raises, seated row, lat pull down and hamstrings. I would have done the bench presses, but they were all busy and I didn't feel like waiting.

My main workout today was biking. I was hoping that I could use the spinning bike, but I have the unfortunate timing to always be at the gym while there is a spinning class going on. I have tried calling to get into these spinning classes, but there are always waiting lists of 10 people, which seems like a lot. Maybe next time. So, instead of the spinning bike, I rode the cardio bike. I did 10.05 miles on the bike in 30 minutes. I did the random hill setting and put the level at 12, which was higher than I had done before. I started at 15 but quickly realized that wasn't going to last long. 12 wasn't any walk in the park either. When I got off the bike, I went to talk to Drew and he told me that he had been watching me for a while, which was sort-of embarrassing. I mostly go on the assumption that people at the gym are all concerned that people are watching, but no one really is and it was a little weird to know that someone actually was watching. At least it was someone I know!

I finished up with some stretching and crunches. When I was getting up from the crunches to do a few final stretches, I got a pain at the top of my right quad. I'm sure that it's just that I turned the wrong way or that it just got a little strained and hopefully it'll be fine tomorrow, but at the moment it's not very comfortable. Tomorrow I'm supposed to do sprint running, so I certainly hope it's better.

No comments:

Post a Comment