Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Is the elliptical cheating?

So, I decided this morning that I should just get a good night's sleep while I had the chance. I went to bed around 10 and didn't wake up until 7:45. It was fantastic! Which meant that today I would have to make it to the gym after work. I was thinking about going for a bike ride, but Laura and I are going to meet tomorrow morning for the bike, so I decided to cheat a little bit and do the elliptical machine instead of running. I also wanted to finish my book and I haven't really mastered reading on the treadmill yet, so it was all a bit self-indulgent. I don't feel that bad about my decision as I still made it to the gym, which I think is the biggest obstacle for me right now in this stage of the game. So, I did the elliptical for 45 minutes, which burned 450 calories. I did interval training and traveled 3.9 miles. Who knows how accurate all of that is, but for the sake of posterity, I'm better off writing it down.

No comments:

Post a Comment