Wednesday, March 11, 2009

There Is Smoke Coming Out of Those Pedals

Got up early to go to the gym with Drew this morning. I did 5 minutes on the treadmill (0.50 miles) to warm up and then went to lift weights. Did the same basic weight lifting routine: leg press, calf raises, seated row & bench presses. Then I went downstairs and ended up riding the bike since all of the other cardio equipment was occupied. I did the random hill setting and stayed on level 10 for the majority of the time. I went 11 miles in 30 minutes (there was some concern that I wouldn't make it to an even amount towards the end so the last 2 minutes were spent pedaling furiously!).
I finished up with my crunches and some stretching. While I was doing my crunches I noticed a girl in the stretching area doing the crunches in a different way (she had both of her legs over to the side and then was lifting up). I think I might like to try those next time, but I didn't want to look like a copy cat and do them today.

2 comments:

  1. This is good stuff. I am sure everyone you know is super proud of you for doing this. Myself included! In one of your earlier posts you said you hate running. Is that starting to change?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am trying to do the same thing. My objective is so my clients and friends can see how I workout on a regular basis. It will also become a tool of accountability so I workout out hard as much as I can. Check it out http://billycowellruntraining.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete