Friday, April 3, 2009

I Shouldn't Have to Google How to Pump Up Tires

Last night I went home and was determined that I would figure out what happened to my bike tire. Thanks to the wonder of Google (seriously, what did people do before the internet?) I was able to figure the whole thing out. It was a very small piece of glass that was the culprit of the hole. I put a patch on and it seems to have held because this morning the tire was still fully inflated.

Speaking of inflating, I now understand why some people I know might have fought about pumping up the jogging stroller wheels. I was so frustrated last night when I couldn't get my new floor pump to actually pump up the tube. Turns out that it was all user error and once again, thanks to the wonder of Google, I was able to actually inflate my tires. I mean, who knew that you had to release the valve on the valve to get the air to go in? All these fancy bike parts are hard work.

I will say that the hardest part of the whole operation was getting the tube and tire back onto the wheel. If that wasn't hard, it was also pretty difficult to get the chain to go back on the same gear as it was before. I'm not sure if that's critical, but it seemed like it might mess up the indicators on the handlebars that show what gear you're in if I didn't put it back on where it was.

Today I had a minor issue with the alarm clock (as in I thought that I had set it, but I apparently didn't). I had really wanted to get up early and test out my tube-patching handiwork and go for a ride, but both the alarm and the weather conspired against me. Since I got up later than I wanted to, I just did my yoga DVD as it would have been cutting it close time-wise to get to the gym and back and to work on time. It's really not the workout that I was hoping for today, but it's the best that I could do and I will just have to accept that.

No comments:

Post a Comment