Wednesday, May 6, 2009

More Cardio Biking

Although the weather actually would have been okay this morning, I didn't bring my bike to Drew's last night, so I was headed back to the gym for some more indoor workouts. I would just like to mention that I thought the rain was supposed to happen in April, not May! I'm ready for it to be done and over with, although it looks like it's going to be hanging around for the rest of the week.

We got up a little bit later than I think we were expecting to, but that was due to some alarm malfunction (read: it wasn't set correctly) on Drew's part. I'm not really complaining, but my workout was a little bit shorter than I had been planning on last night.

We hit the weight room first and since my legs are pretty much out of commission since I can't bear weight on my heel, we did arm stuff today.

This was the workout that I did:

Seated bent-arm lat pull-down: 3 sets, 15 reps each at 50 pounds
Standing straight-arm pull down: 3 sets, 15 reps each at 30 pounds
Seated row: 1 set, 15 reps at 50 pounds (this was taken over by a personal trainer and her client, which is why I didn't get to finish)
Back extensions: 3 sets, 15 reps each
Curls: 3 sets, 10 reps each at 30 pounds

We then headed downstairs to the cardio area where I got back on the cardio bike. I didn't have a whole lot of time if I also wanted to get to work at the proper time, so I just did 20 minutes on the bike. I did the random hill setting on level 10 again and in my 20 minutes, I went 7.25 miles (21.75 MPH average).

I finished up with some crunches and stretches. I will say that I thought the crunches were easier (not easy!) than they have been in the past, so maybe all of this pilates core work is starting to have some small effect on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment