Thursday, May 14, 2009

A Real Quick Run

Today at lunch I headed to the gym to test out the progress on my heel. I walked for a while - about 7 minutes and varied the incline throughout that time. I felt like I was getting shin splints during the walk, especially on the higher inclines. Then I decided I would try to ease back into running and run a half mile, which I did in 5:10 minutes. I put the treadmill on level 6.0 for the running, as I didn't want to shock my feet! I then spent the rest of the time walking (all the walking was done at 4.0) at various inclines so that I wouldn't get too bored.

In total, I did 2.12 miles in 30 minutes. So far my heel is feeling fine, which is good. Although it's generally taken a day or two for it to show up, but I think that if I can keep my progress back into running slow and steady I will hopefully be okay. I still haven't gotten my new orthotics back from the doctor, so that's a little frustrating, but with the race only 6 weeks away, I think I'm going to have to at least start doing something.

I'm hoping to make it to the free yoga class at a gym near my house tonight. I've never tried this yoga at the gym before and I've heard that it's not the best in the world, but I'm sure a lot of that depends on the teacher and your general attitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment