Thursday, May 21, 2009

Same Old, Same Old

Last night I had been planning on going to both the gym and to yoga today, but when I left work I decided that all I really had in me was one activity and so I ended up just hitting the gym and skipping the yoga.

I started off in the boy area and decided that I would try to do the regular triathlon strength workout, including some of the leg lifts I had been avoiding because of my heel.
This was what I did:

Leg Presses: 3 sets x 10 reps @ 90 pounds
Calf Raises: 3 sets x 10 reps @ 90 pounds
Seated Rows: 1 set x 10 reps @ 60 pounds, 2 sets x 10 reps @ 70 pounds
Hamstrings: 1 set x 10 reps @ 50 pounds, 1 set x 5 reps @ 60 pounds, 1 set x 8 reps @ 50 pounds
Seated Bent Arm Lat Pull Down: 1 set x 10 reps @ 60 pounds, 1 set x 10 reps at 70 pounds, 1 set x 5 reps at 80 pounds
Decline Bench Press: 3 sets x 15 reps @ 35 pounds

I was really glad to be able to do the leg presses and calf raises again. I hope I'm not paying for it tomorrow! I couldn't believe how hard the hamstring exercises were. I really don't remember them being that hard the last time that I did them. I felt like I sort-of gave up on that, but I also knew that I just couldn't have lifted it one more time. Part of me wonders if it was harder this time because the muscles there are tighter than they were before? I also am kicking myself for not recording the amount of weight that I lifted the last time that I did hamstrings, so maybe it was just a lot harder because I was lifting more weight. Since I don't know for sure, I think I'll choose to go with that option!

After the weight lifting, I did some stretches before heading to the treadmill. I'm still a little bit bored with these short treadmill runs, so I decided to break it up a little bit more today. This is what I ended up doing:

5:00 minutes walking at 4.0 = 0.32 miles
4:32 minutes running at 6.6 = 0.50 miles
1:00 minute walking at 3.8 = 0.09 miles
4:58 minutes walking at 6.3 = 0.50 miles
2:00 minutes walking at 4.0 = 0.14 miles
1:45 minutes running at 7.0 = 0.21 miles
5:45 minutes walking at 3.5-4.4 = 0.39 miles

Total time = 25 minutes / Total distance = 2.15 miles / Total running distance = 1.2 miles

I also realized today that I've been listening to the same iPod playlist for quite some time, so maybe part of my boredom was that I need some new tunes in the mix. Hopefully this weekend I can make myself a new playlist.

After the treadmill, I headed back over to the stretching area and did some more stretching. I also did a bunch of crunches. The whole time I was doing the crunches I was thinking that all I wanted to do was come home and make myself a smoothie for dinner. And then my next thought was wondering if it's okay to want your boyfriend to move in with you because he has a nicer can opener?

As a complete side note: In case you're wondering, the smoothie was devoured almost instantly. It was pretty good. I used the last can of the combined Toddy Palm Seeds and Jackfruits and tried to use up the majority of the Palm Seeds since they're not the best for smoothies. Drew and I just went to Chinatown last weekend and bought a lot more Chinese fruits but learned our lesson and didn't get any more Palm Seeds. I'd highly recommend the rest of the fruits though!

1 comment:

  1. Just for the record, it's more that Amy's can opener sucks, and less that mine is really all that nice.

    But, yeah, those Toddy Palm Seeds are pretty gross. I think the foodbank is gonna get the rest of mine...

    ReplyDelete