Monday, June 15, 2009

Early Morning Pilates

This morning I got up earlier than usual to meet Nicole for pilates at 7 instead of 8. Nicole had asked another friend of hers to come and join us, so it was a bit different having someone else there as well. Sitting here 2 hours later, I still don't understand how Drew didn't get a lot out of the pilates when he went and tried it. My stomach is still tired after this morning's workout.

Most of the workout was all things we had done before. I decided today that I really like the exercise called short spine. That exercise requires you to be laying down on the reformer (although I guess you can also do this in mat as well) with your feet in the foot straps. You then lift your legs up over your head, similar to going into shoulder stand in yoga. You end up getting both a back stretch and a hamstring stretch, which is really nice.

Today we did some exercises using the tower, which I haven't really done much of. We did some one-armed roll-downs, which made my hand really tired. I'm guessing that I was gripping the bar too much instead of using my abdominals as much as I should have. Although they were pretty tired at that point too.

The exciting thing was that Laura went and had her first pilates class in the 8 AM time slot. I can't wait to hear all about it! Hopefully Laura will want to go back and she and I can go together sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment