Friday, June 5, 2009

No Mental Stamina

This afternoon I lucked into a pilates session with Nicole. It was a really fantastic way to break up a Friday at work. It ended up just being me in the session (our other co-worker couldn't come at the last minute), so it was nice to have the individual attention, even though there were a few times that I was wishing there was something else to distract her! I feel like I must be getting a little bit better at my least favorite move (the roll-ups) because we did a couple of similar moves and the tone of Nicole's voice when she exclaimed, "Good! That's really good!" when I could actually do the moves had a bit of surprise in it.

The weather is still a disaster here. I'm thinking that it's all a conspiracy against me and my training. It's now been raining for at least the last 12 hours. Enough all ready! After work, I had a few errands to run, so I walked all over the place in the rain, which wasn't that fun. Although it was a decent walk (approximately 3 miles) I was ready to get out of the rain by the time I was done. Especially since I walked all the way over to the UPS package pick-up station and my package had been returned to the sender!

I then headed over to the gym to get a run in. By the time I got there I think I was so frustrated with UPS and the rain that I wasn't really in the mood to go run on a treadmill. But that's what I did. I was really not into it. I tried. I really, really tried to be excited about it. I had even put my new (partially ready) playlist on my iPod and I had my fancy new headphones, but none of that was really helping. I barely made it 2 miles before I had just had enough. I will say that I ran those 2 miles in 19:46 (9:52 pace), so it wasn't a total disaster. I forced myself to stay on the treadmill for a half hour and just walked the rest of the time. Total distance: 2.68 miles in 30:00 minutes. Looking back on it, I should have just given in completely and done the elliptical machine. I know I could have done a lot better on that.

There is some hope, though. The weather is supposed to clear up tomorrow, which is great since I'll be at the Belmont. I certainly don't want to have to sit in the rain for that. Plus, I fully intend on winning a million dollars at the races! The upside is that if I do win big, I'll just go ahead and buy myself a bike trainer so I can ride inside.

1 comment:

  1. Getting enough hydration is another way to improve stamina. Drinking plenty of fluids is an important part of maintaining healthy sex life. It helps the penis to get more blood flow and increases blood volume. Dehydration causes the blood vessels in the penis to constrict, making an erection difficult. A man should drink about 3.7 liters of water per day, but if he is very active, he should increase this to 4.2 liters.Original H Thor Herbal Booster | Stamina Booster for Men

    ReplyDelete