Monday, June 29, 2009

The Sleepiest Triathlete

Saturday after getting home from the race, eating lunch, and showering it was time for a nap. Drew and I took a three hour nap before heading out to Brooklyn for dinner at a friend's house. I will say that having someone make dinner for you the night after a triathlon is pretty fantastic. By about 10 that night I was exhausted again an we headed back to the city.

Sunday morning I woke up around 9 and walked Drew to work. I walked home and did some stuff around the apartment. I was planning on heading to the Terrier swim, but I fell asleep around 1:30 and woke up at 4:27. Since practice starts at 4:30, there wasn't really any way that I could get there in time. I took that as a sign that my body needed a little bit more rest.

This morning I woke up early to meet Laura and have a pilates session with Nicole at 7:00. I haven't been to pilates in a while because Nicole was out of town last week. Boy oh boy, was my stomach tired today. I felt like my abdominal muscles had lost a good deal of fitness. It sort-of felt like it would be comparable to not doing any cardio for two weeks and then trying to go for a long run.

I had a really good workout, even though I felt like I was struggling a bit throughout the workout. The good thing was that when I told Nicole how I was feeling about how hard I thought today workout was, she said that I was looking really good at the lesson. That made me feel better. However, because of the holiday next week, I'll be in the same situation again in two weeks. I probably better do some crunches on my own in the meantime!

No comments:

Post a Comment