Wednesday, July 1, 2009

There Was Some Trickery Involved

When I woke up this morning it looked like it was just foggy outside and I was thinking that would be just fine for going for a bike ride. I laid in bed for a few more minutes and then I noticed that the terrace was a bit wet in patches where it hadn't been a few minutes before. I then cursed Mother Nature and the rain. However, after getting out of bed and going outside, I realized that it wasn't actually raining. I got dressed and looked outside again. And then there it was raining again! I decided I would have to give up on the bike riding idea and go to the gym.

Of course, when I got outside to start walking to the gym, it wasn't raining at all and it was just rather muggy outside. I will say that right then and there I wasn't very happy with the trick that was being played on me, especially since the last thing I wanted to do was go to the gym. But, I went anyway. I got on the treadmill and just did a quick two miles (at a 9:42 pace). I wanted to make sure that I had plenty of time after getting off the treadmill to get in a lot of good stretching. Boy oh boy, is the treadmill boring! I even was listening to my iPod and watching Sports Center with subtitles, but it's just not the same as running outside. I wish that all this rain would just go away. I had had enough of it a month ago. And now it's July and we're supposed to be dying with heat and it's barely 70 degrees outside right now. This global warming thing sure is an odd beast.

No comments:

Post a Comment