Friday, August 14, 2009

Vacation Awaits!

Yesterday after my brick workout, I thought about it all day that although I was tired, I felt really good after working out for an hour and a half. I think that was the first time where I really felt like I will be able to do Westchester. Even though I was tired, I felt like I could have kept going, and I think that was really what I needed mentally to carry me through the next month and a half.

This morning, I decided to sleep in and take a day off. Drew has been working like crazy and we haven't gotten to spend a lot of time together this week. He had to be at work early this morning, so instead of going out and working out, I decided to just hang out at his apartment while he got ready so we could spend some time together. Part of the reason that I made this decision is that I will be going on vacation starting tonight and I won't be back in New York until the 24th.

I am going on vacation with my family - we're going to a cottage in Northern Michigan on Lake Huron. I'm actually really looking forward to vacation. It should be really relaxing and since we're going to be right on the lake, I'm hoping to get in a lot of open water swimming practice and doing a lot of running. I won't have a bike and even though I'm a little worried I'll loose a little bike fitness, I think as long as I am swimming and running, I will be fine. I'm not sure how the internet access will be on vacation. I'm planning on writing out my blogs every day, but I'm not sure that I'll be able to post them until I get back. So, if there is radio silence for a while, I'll be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment